Demonstrating the love of Christ, Owen Sound Hunger and Relief Effort is determined to transform our community by overcoming hunger at every level and providing relief from the effects of poverty – one life at a time.
Owen Sound Hunger and Relief Effort will demonstrate the love of Christ by our determination to restore the dignity of all people, without discrimination, through:
- Meals that relieve hunger and renew hope
- Caring relationships that restore dignity to those experiencing the effects of poverty
- Community connections that foster networking to provide answers and meet needs
- Advocating for the transformation of unjust structures that perpetuate poverty.
Owen Sound Hunger & Relief Effort offers hope to men, women, and children in need throughout Owen Sound and the surrounding area by:
- Balanced meals for the underprivileged
- A place where poverty and its effects are taken seriously
- Accurate and up to date information on related community services
- Transforming the unjust structures that foster poverty and hunger
Our desire is to be a provider for people striving to regain the basic necessities of life, restore their dignity and hope, empowering them to be full and active participants in the community.
Through our core values, Owen Sound Hunger & Relief Effort strives to be known in the community as a faith-based, trusted, comprehensive, valuable outreach to the people in need throughout Owen Sound and the surrounding area through its services and programs.
We respect and value the generous support of all our community partners, including social service providers, and other faith groups. We are committed to nurturing in all our actions and among all our staff and volunteers these core values of Faith in Action.
- Faith – In all our programs and services, we share God’s message of love for all people, demonstrated through his Son, Jesus Christ, who offers hope and transformation.
- Respect – We believe that each person is created in the image of God and must be treated with dignity and respect.
- Integrity – We are transparent and trustworthy, accountable to God and each other. We are committed to biblical, ethical and professional accountability in all our dealings.
- Stewardship – We consider our donors support a sacred trust and believe we are accountable before God and our supporters for the management of those resources.
- Teamwork – We are committed to each other – working together in care, wisdom, thoughtfulness and skill.
- Relationships – We are committed to caring relationships that foster trust and change in people’s lives.
- Holistic Approach – We are committed to serving the whole person – physically, spiritually, mentally, emotionally and socially.
- Innovation – We are committed to responding to the changing needs of our community and to pursuing excellence, relevance and effectiveness in all our programs and services.
- Working with Others – We are committed to working with caring individuals, faith groups, businesses and community organizations where working together more effectively cares for people in need throughout our communities.