Program Support Worker Contract
Full Time: 3 month Contact with Possible Extension
Why work for OSHARE?
We are a primary resource for people striving to regain the basic necessities of life, restore their dignity and hope, empowering them to be full and active participants in the community. Through our core values, Owen Sound Hunger & Relief Effort strives to be known in the community as a trusted, comprehensive, valuable outreach to the people in need throughout Owen Sound and the surrounding area through its services and programs.
We respect and value the generous support of all our community partners, including social service providers, and faith groups. We are committed to nurturing in all our actions the core value of “what we have, we will share”.
Owen Sound Hunger & Relief Effort offers hope to individuals and families in need throughout Owen Sound and the surrounding area by providing:
- Balanced meals for the hungry
- A place where poverty and its effects are taken seriously
- Accurate and up to date information on related community services
- Transforming the unjust structures that foster poverty and hunger
The Program Support worker will assist with meal packaging and distribution, while helping to receive, organize and store food donations and deliveries, and assisting with other jobs around the facility. The Program Support Worker will work closely with and oversee volunteers. The Program Support balances multiple responsibilities and has effective critical thinking, problem solving and time management skills.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Aspects of operations including:
Oversees the receipt, recording, sorting and storage of food donations
Assists with scheduled pick-ups of food/other donations
Guest Relations – have regard for the lives of guests, especially in those areas where OSHaRE can have a positive impact. Assist with packing and handing out meals to guests
Prepare and oversee tasks for office volunteers
Receipt of monetary donations, Good Food Box payments, and acts as reception for telephone calls or in-person visits to OSHaRE
Responsible for the good order and cleaning of the facilities
Covers responsibilities of other staff when those staff are on vacation
Perform other related duties as assigned
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent communication skill, both written and verbal
- Able to prioritize, coordinate, and manage multiple activities
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple areas of responsibility, take initiative, and prioritize accordingly
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to set own priorities
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Committed, reliable, flexible
- Completion of High School Diploma
- Practical experience as a leader/supervisor in a team role
- Practical experience in a volunteer setting is an asset
- Valid Ontario Class “G” Driver’s License, and a current copy of driver’s abstract that is satisfactory to OSHaRE, in its sole discretion, is required
- Working hours will vary within a 35-37 hour paid work week; with early evening and weekend work required
- The current wage scale for the position of Program Support is $19.50 to $21.50 per hour based on experience
- Required to stand for long periods with frequent twisting, bending, crouching, and reaching is required
- Ability to lift/move on a regular basis up to 50 pounds
Please submit a complete resume and cover letter quoting Program Support in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 9, 2023.
We thank you in advance for your interest in the above-noted position. However, please note that only those applicants receiving an interview will be advised of the recruitment outcome.